We are very nearly done updating Chaper 17, the last chapter before we finally get to NEW Dragon Doctors! I need to finish colorizing and editing a few rough pages before I put them up, though; there’s a lot of very rough pages that I need to fix up before I put them online. A couple of minor line changes, too. Thanks to all of you for your continued patience and for not forgetting about me. I certainly never forgot about any of you!
Okay, when I started Chapter 16, I upped the resolution of my pages a bit, to 990 pixels wide (drew them at a much higher resolution, too) but ComicPress’s standard “wide” layout is 980 pixels wide. So it was resizing the images it displayed, made them look a bit fuzzy. I’m going to mess around with the layout a bit to allow 990 pixels wide. I’m messing around with the placement of the widgets on the sides, too. Any suggestions?
* Recovering from over a week of insomnia and lethargy–seasonal affective disorder, perhaps?
* Taking friend to a convention because he’s on a panel for it–very exhausting
* Trying to get my head screwed back on enough to colorize next page–probably need more recuperation first if I don’t want to half-ass it
* Considering my options for mass distribution in the future–do I just stick to my digital guns, do I go the dead trees route and try hitting the small press tables at conventions for hundreds of dollars a pop, do I try a Kickstarter, and if so, for what, do I do none of this and just remain an amateur for the rest of my life? UGH
* Figuring out how to re-draw and re-write the first chapter–it’s unprintable as-is, if I ever want to sell this to anyone it must be better
* Also preparing to colorize the Fourth Breaking Comic
* Figuring out how best to get more art up on the WordPress page so my site looks cooler
* Kicking myself in the ass repeatedly for not having new material for the fans
Here’s more Merlin art, this time of Werewolf Greg! Pretty!
Sorry for the delays, like I said before, the next page I need to completely redraw because none of it was finished, not even the sketches. I’m also doing two other things at the same time and fighting a bout of exhaustion/or whatever it is. I’ve already got big plans for what happens once we start hitting New Material and I’ve also got a couple more backstory filler stuff to put on the Extras page; for example, Mori discussing the nature of Magic in this setting!
Okay, so I spent much of the day down at the auto shop because my car smelled like gas when I drove it. Turned out I had a corroded fuel line and they’ll need to completely tear the car apart to replace it. And I have to prepare for an emergency midnight-to-morning shift tonight which means I need to spend right now on sleeping instead of colorizing comics. Dammit. So that’s what’s up with no new content today.